Artificial insemination is proven to be the most reliable and effective means of securing a pregnancy in a bitch. The benefits of artificial insemination are considerable:
- Younger dogs are easily discouraged and can be psychologically ruined for life if they are part of a bad experience with a difficult bitch.
- Collecting from a male dog while in close proximity to a bitch in season can develop confidence in him for the future.
- Viral and bacterial infections can be passed on during natural mating the most commonly feared amongst breeders is Canine Herpes virus.
- Pain experienced by one or both of the animals during mating, narrowing of the genital tract leading to lack of libido.
- Dominant females may not accept a particular male and for reasons unknown, some dogs just don’t like each other.
- Difference in dog size and inexperience in one or both partners can make a positive union impossible
- Older dogs who are still fertile with less agility will use less exertion with this method and therefore can be part of a breeding programme for longer
|Per Collection / Insemination||£30.00|
|Sperm checking at time of collection||£20.00|